An opening of the domestic market to foreign companies since joining WTO in mid 1990s and launch of OECD, and construction industry's deregulation policy of changing construction licence to registration resulted in rapid increase of construction industry.
Therefore, establishment of appropriate policies and its systematic based on information management are needed to cope with expanding industry.
Since 1999, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs has promoted 'Construction Industry DB building project' to settle integrated management system for construction industry information nationwide.
- Build integrated management system for construction industry information such as construction company/work
- Build management system of unfaithful and illegal companies
- Revise law/regime to obtain information easily
- Build associated organizations connecting system to share information
- Build various application system for information demanders
KISCON(Knowledge Information System of Construction Industry) is the result of 'Construction Industry DB building project' and is developed to help circulating and using construction industry information. It is a generic term for each specific system.
Purposes & Goals
- Promote strengthened transparency and competitiveness of the construction industry by constructing nationwide integrated management system of construction industry information.
- Promote efficiency of administration of construction by setting informative basis of construction administration.
- Prevent illegal acts in construction site and manage company performance.
- Build joint information utilization system by tier-based composition of information between the construction industry.
- Improve irregularities and backward structure of the industry by releasing information to the construction market customers.
Laws & Notices
- FRAMEWORK ACT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY Article 24 (Comprehensive Management of Construction Industrial Information)
- The Minister of Construction and Transportation may manage comprehensively the information on constructors such as capital, actual conditions of management and situations of construction progress of
constructors, and the construction-related information such as the actual demand and supply of materials and manpower necessary for construction works and provide them to the related institutions or
organizations, etc. requiring them.(Amended by Act No. 5965, Apr. 15, 1999; Act No. 6640, Jan. 26, 2002; Act No. 7306, Dec. 31, 2004)
- The Minister of Construction and Transportation may comprehensively manage the information concerning the construction project manager, such as capital, actual conditions of management, and situations
of construction project management, etc., and the information relevant to the construction project management, such as the situation of demand and supply of manpower required for the construction project
management, and provide them to the related nstitutions or organizations, etc.
- The Minister of Construction and Transportation may create and operate the comprehensive management systems of the construction industry information in order to
systematically manage the construction industry information under paragraphs (1) and (2) under the provisions as prescribed by the Presidential Decree. (Newly Inserted by Act No. 7306, Dec. 31, 2004)
- FRAMEWORK ACT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY Article 10 (Management of Information on Registration of Construction Business, etc.)
- FRAMEWORK ACT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY Article 26 (Notification of Entries in Construction Work Book)
- FRAMEWORK ACT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY Article 23-2 (Appraisal and Public Announcement of Capacity to Manage Construction Projects)
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs Notice Article 2004-422 (Specification of Information Network used in notification of construction administration)
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs Notice Article 2002-274 (Specification of information network used in Notification of Entries in Construction Work Book)
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs Notice Article 2002-255 (Specification of information network used in construction industry performance evaluation and notice)